February 2016 Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order by President Randolph Prather on 2/7/2016 @ 2:30 PM, 15 members present.
- Randolph welcomed the new officers:
- Vice President: Chris Moss
- Secretary/Treasurer: David Churchill
- Reminder that all members flying any RC aircraft weighing more that 250 grams (0.55 lbs) are required to register with the FAA. Registration is $5.00 and can be done online via the FAA's UAS registration site. A pilot only needs to register once which covers all aircraft they operate.
- Announcement that the gate code will be changed at the end of the day, all paid members will be e-mailed the new gate code.
- 2016 Fun Fly Discussion:
- David Churchill moved that a committee be established to be responsible for planning the event and organizing members to put on the event. David volunteered to chair the committee.
- Only one other person volunteered to serve on the committee, therefore, the idea was tabled.
- Helicopter flying in the fixed wing runway area:
- Lately there have been several helicopter pilots that have been flying in the fixed wing area over the runway. A discussion was held so that everyone understands the protocol around helicopter and fixed wing aircraft flying in the same area.
- If there are no fixed wing aircraft flying then helicopters are free to be flown over the runway without restriction.
- If fixed wing pilots are present then helicopter pilots should check with each fixed wing pilot to see if they are comfortable sharing the space. If they are comfortable, then fixed wing pilots should not fly while a helicopter is flying and vice-versa. The only time a helicopter may fly with a fixed wing aircraft is if the helicopter is flying in the established "pattern" and then should follow the same rules as fixed wing aircraft such as calling out take-offs and landings.
- Fixed wing aircraft have the right of way in the runway area, and helicopters have the right of way in the helicopter area. This protocol should be followed in the event that flying of both types of aircraft in the same space becomes a problem.
- Treasurer's Report:
- Bank Of America:
- Beginning Balance - $987.80, Ending Balance $2822.80
- 01/04/2016 - Bank Service Fee - $15.00 (less than $3,000 Acct Balance)
- 01/19/2016 - Event Services - Porti-Potty - - Check Card - $75.00
- 12/31/2015 - Transfer from PayPal - $ 625.00
- 01/28/2016 - Transfer from PayPal - $1300.00
- Pay Pal:
- Beginning Balance - $683.41; Ending Balance - $55.65
- 12/31/2015 - Transfer to Bank of America - $ 625.00
- 01/28/2016 - Transfer to Bank of America - $1300.00
- Dues: $812.04
- Donation, Westminster High School: 485.20
- Cash: 39.70
- Total Club Balance: $2917.55
- Meeting adjourned at 2:45 PM.